Saturday, January 16, 2010

CSA Hooray!

Well, I've been super busy this week! I put in ads all over for my CSA shares, not really expecting anything, but hoping for the best. I've had enough replies that I think I've sold all my shares for this year! I mailed off my contracts to all, and will know for sure when the deposit cheques come in. I am SOOOO SUPER STOKED! The deposits will pay for my humungous seed order (about $300) and then the rest is paid the end of May. My first shares are expected to be ready to go the first week in June. I've heard rumours of an early spring, so maybe everything will grow gangbusters, and I'll make all my CSA members so happy, that all will return next year and tell all their friends!
I've also had quite a few people express an interest in chickens for this year, as well. I plan on starting some poults in March/April. I am going to do my Dorkings, but I am also going to do some hybrid chickens, just for some faster return. I plan on sending out an email for preorders at that time, so I make sure I order enough poults for everyone, plus a few for myself. It's going to be a fun and challenging spring!
My hens are starting to lay quite well, and I've now sold my first couple dozen eggs from a cooler at the end of my driveway. I am putting that change in a little jar, which I will use to purchase their feed, so now they can start paying for themselves. Things are going great on the Crazy Dog Farm!!

No comments:

Flooded Driveway

Flooded Driveway
Too much RAIN!