Monday, January 4, 2010

Spring Days???

Ok, so it's January, and it's WARM out! It feels wonderful, I am truly enjoying having 8-10 degree C days. BUT, I also wonder if mother nature has a nasty surprise just waiting for us around the corner...

Regardless, I am making use of these nice days while we have them. I have been purchasing lumber for making more garden beds, and have spent the last couple of days putting them together. Nothing goes entirely smoothly, however, as my brand new wheelbarrow decided to get a flat tire, and no one was open on the weekend to fix it for me. So, I haven't been able to fill the beds yet... and really, that's what takes the longest time.

I am just waiting for a couple of boarding dogs to be dropped off, then I am running into town to get the tire fixed, so I can get moving. My goal is to have all 25 beds done, filled, and ready to go by March 15... time is passing quickly. Tomorrow is supposed to be a non-rainy day, so I can get moving on filling these things.

I have also been busy this morning putting in my first ads for my CSA memberships. I only have 3 memberships left for this year, but it will nice to see what kind of response I get... Otherwise, I'll just be selling produce at the farmers' markets.

No comments:

Flooded Driveway

Flooded Driveway
Too much RAIN!