Sunday, February 6, 2011

Too much to do, so little time to do it...

I have been having a huge struggle lately, just trying to fit everything into the day that I need to do. For the last three weeks or so, I have been operating on overdrive. Go go gogogogogo... Every moment of every day seems to be filled up with appointments, or work, or gardening, or work, or errands or work. I haven't had time to even sit down and watch the tube much. This is supposed to be my 'relaxing' time of year, so I can recharge my batteries for the spring season. I am not recharging very well right now. I am downright exhausted.

I was able to get a load of soil last week. This is my fourth load of soil I've brought in to the farm. I will need one, maybe 2 more truckloads, then I'm DONE. I will just keep building it up with compost and manure. So, in addition to all the meetings and appointments and other things I've been doing, in my 'spare' time, I've been making more raised row beds. Hay, manure, soil, more hay on top. That's my recipe!

This week, things should calm down a bit. The dog boarding is on slow motion right now, so that should free up some time to get some good gardening done. I hope. Just looked at tomorrow's schedule... it's full, too. Sigh. I need some downtime soooon, or it will be too late!

No comments:

Flooded Driveway

Flooded Driveway
Too much RAIN!