Saturday, September 12, 2009

Big Day

This is a big day for me. This is my first year anniversary on the farm! I always said that if I could make it a year, I could make it forever. It was a hard year financially, but I think the worst of that is behind me now. I am so excited for this next year! I got alot done this year, but not as much as I would've liked. This year, I will be able to do even more. In my plans for this year is to: raise a couple of pigs
double the amount of gardens I have to 50 beds
install beds for more berry plants
build root cellar
plant more fruit trees
raise my own chicken poults 'from scratch'
learn to can my own food
make a funky lavender fence around the gardens for dog and deer control

OK, well that's all I can think of for the moment. I think that should keep me pretty busy, along with my business to run, and all the little daily projects I have to do. All of this will rely, of course, on how much moulah I make! I guess I'd better get busy!
All in all, this has absolutely been the best year of my life, and I look forward to seeing how my little farm grows and develops over the years.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, can't wait to meet Kybosh! You come up with some pretty cute names. I talked to my neighbor about feeding pigs and she said that she hit the bakery when they were tossing all their old donuts and bread. She said they love any kind of bread, apples, and if you have to get a grain supplement you buy should buy it by the pallet (way cheaper) but you have make sure it's in a dry environment when it's stored. (I sold this stuff at Critter Corner and I think it was like $5.50 a 20kg bag)

Talk to you soon,
Moi~

Flooded Driveway

Flooded Driveway
Too much RAIN!