Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Discouraging Days

I haven't updated for a while. I got very discouraged a bit ago when a 'coon found my coops, and killed 2 chickens and a turkey. Since, I have been able to fix the chicken coop so the coons most likely can't get in anymore... at least, I hope. The turkeys are a whole other problem. They have never ever gone into their coop at night, they prefer to roost on top of it. I can't herd them in, I can't even entice them in. So, I can't make them safe. I really don't know what to do about it. They are getting big, too! There is one that looks especially tasty, and I hope I get the opportunity to try one of these heritage birds! I think the only reason they haven't gotten another turkey this week is the fact that the puppy can't seem to hold it for more than 2 hours, so I am up regularly with her, and go check on the turkeys every chance I get. At this point, I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Flooded Driveway

Flooded Driveway
Too much RAIN!