Monday, November 30, 2009

Mmmmm, Garlic!

We have had a few really nice days this week, and I have been taking advantage. I planted a third bed of garlic... this makes about 300 plants for next year. I have made two new berry beds- one for the thornless blackberry, and one for a second row of blueberries- these ones will be Elliot. I am ordering a heat matt for propagation, and will be able to take lots of my own cuttings this winter from all the berry and grape plants. This is a bit slower than just buying them, but WAYYYYY cheaper!

There is a big hollow spot right where I want to put the next 25 garden beds, so the other thing I have been working on is filling it up with lots of compost. This is a very time consuming project, as the hollow part is about 100' in diameter. I have contacted a few landscapers, and asked if they are ever in my area for them to drop off their yard waste and tree chippings. I have had good responses to this, and some not-as-friendly responses. Hopefully people will start to bring me stuff... soon! I guess I can't expect much over the winter, but at least I am getting the word out there.

No comments:

Flooded Driveway

Flooded Driveway
Too much RAIN!