Wednesday, May 26, 2010

More Adventures....

Nothing is ever boring here on the farm....
Yesterday is a good example.
Most of my long weekend dogs went home, so I had a few moments of leisure time. I decided to work on Reckless' new trick. A few weeks ago, I taught him to jump over Boom-boom's back. This time, I was going to teach him to weave in and out of Boom's legs. The easy part is teaching Reckless to weave... the hard part is getting Boom to stand still. I leaned down to reposition Boom, and Reckless decided to offer me his last trick... hopping over her back. Well, we both miscalculated, and WHAMO! He jumped/slammed right into my eye. It hurt like a sonofabitch. Holy, moly. I was determined not to cry, and am happy to report I succeeded in that.... but now I have the most lovely black eye you ever saw. I am embarrassed to go out in public. I had to go to the bank today, and I made sure I went first thing, before it got too busy. The nice tellers there and I had a real good laugh at myself, though! Now, I am trying to just hide out for a few days, until the swelling and colour fades a bit.

Then, to top it off, one of my daycare dogs got accidentally bit. One of the dogs got a bit over-excited, and his tooth snagged the others' side, and then his mom had to take him to the vet. I felt so bad.... nothing I could've done to prevent it, but it still sucks. Poor Pedro, he was crying and was so pitiful.

So, that's enough injuries around here to last for years. I had some near misses the last few days, too... my foot ended up in a hole, lucky it didn't twist or sprain, and I stepped on a rake. That was just stupid. I think the universe is trying to tell me to be more careful. I think I will listen.

No comments:

Flooded Driveway

Flooded Driveway
Too much RAIN!