Thursday, June 3, 2010

First CSA of the season!


Today is the day.... I picked my very first CSA shares! I was considering postphoning it until next week, because the weather has been rain, rain, cold, and more rain, and nothing in the gardens are growing. When I went out to check it all over this morning, I found a few little treasures, and my shares didn't look quite as little as I had feared.







So, I ended up with a good amount of mesculin, radish, parsley, green garlic, and spearmint. If the weather was co-operating, I would have had some snap peas and carrots to go with that. Oh, well! In another couple of weeks, there should be some more. I am already planning for next week... a few different herbs, mesculin will be a staple for the time being, and then we'll see what happens. Hopefully the weather will smarten up.... it was only 5 C last nite... WAY too cold for June!

I am still planting like mad... and will be planting right through August. I have made a few more garden beds, and will keep working on that until everything is in!

No comments:

Flooded Driveway

Flooded Driveway
Too much RAIN!