Tuesday, October 16, 2012

It's Here!!

It's the middle of October, and guess what? We are finally, FINALLY getting rain!! And lots of it. The gardens look happier, the well is happier, and the grass started to green up within 24 hours of the first dump we had. Now, of course, it will rain for the next six months. I'm ok with that... as long as my gardens are happy and grow again. I am hoping against hope that it stays warm enough that some of my fall crops I planted (in JULY!!) will start growing before we get too much frost. I also planted a bunch of kale that only got watered once in the last 2 or more months - it's been hanging on (miracle!), so now should start growing for harvest soon.

What a relief.

I did, however, go out the other day and invest in some rain pants! Lots of work to do, and I don't want to be too wimpy and not get it done just because it is wet some days!

No comments:

Flooded Driveway

Flooded Driveway
Too much RAIN!