Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Still waiting....

It is Oct 2. We STILL have had no measurable rain since the second week in June. It's actually giving me kind of a creepy, eery feeling. I have never, ever known a Sept to be so dry! We got about 5 drops last week, not even enough to make the driveway wet. I went to get a drink of water out of the tap this morning, and there was bits in the water - I am thinking this means my well is down to its last drops. That's a scary feeling! I will go lift the lid a bit later, check it out.

Some fun news - I got my first 4 turkeys done last weekend. They were already presold. I made $330 bucks from them! (which sounds really cool, and I was super excited about it until I started crunching the numbers!). After I get the next 10 done this weekend (also all presold), I will basically break even on turkeys, but I will have 5 left over to make turkey sausage with for myself. The good news is that this is the first time I will have broke even on turkeys! Usually I lose money due to some disaster or other. Maybe I'm finally getting the hang of this farming thing....

No comments:

Flooded Driveway

Flooded Driveway
Too much RAIN!